Okay, so this morning I finished reading Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett.
It's the last of the Discworld books in the volume I borrowed from my brother, so probably the last one I'll read for a while. (Since, after all, I have an already overflowing to-read shelf as it is.)
I don't really have a lot to say about the book, I guess?
Not without trying to go into a deep-dive about gender issues that I'm 100% not prepared for and really would have needed to read the book with a much more careful eye if I wanted to do that. Also probably I wouldn't be able to say anything anyone hadn't already said. Probably. I have zero idea what kind of discourse there is about this book. I mean, it's from like the early 1990s, right? So it's not old enough to be the subject of debate as anything historical, but it's too old to be of much modern debate? Also, various societal changes hadn't happened yet, and...
Eh.
Like I said, not ready for a deep-dive anything.
Besides, today is the day I start updating the AO3 text for the second of the Atalanta and Ariadne books, since I finally finished the rewrites yesterday.
But first I need to pre-write next week's IWSG post so I don't end up hastily writing the post around bedtime like I did this month. 😰 (Ugh, I hate the Windows 11 emojis. Why did they have to redraw them all to be ugly?)
Original Language: English
No comments:
Post a Comment