Monday, November 6, 2023

NotNaNo '23, Day 6: running out of titles already

     I oughta come up with a way to have a blog without having to put titles on posts.  (Though I guess that's not really possible...)

    Today was all right in terms of word count, but frustratingly when I went to check on the contents of an earlier scene, I realized that half of a conversation I wrote was unnecessary and will need to go.  Not because the audience already knows something (technically, they're discussing the motivation behind a mass murder that comes from canon, so everyone reading it already knows the truth of what they're trying to guess at) but because half the characters involved already know, as I forgot it came up in the interrogation of a different character some 30-40k words ago. 😰  My writing method is sometimes very sloppy.  (That, of course, is why I would never want anyone to see one of my works before I've edited it...)

    On the other hand, I had great fun with having Wei Wuxian describe Xue Yang's appearance as "Beautiful, but deranged."  Which made a certain other party in the room laugh, a lot.  (Though it's not hard to make him laugh...)  I felt it was the perfect physical description for him.  🤣


    Anyway.

    Total words in document:  269,672

    Words written today:  3,242

    Words written in November to date:  19,672

    (I really wanted to write a little more and hit 20k, but it just wasn't happening.  And it's best not to force these things, ya know?  (Although if I counted words written in plot summaries, outlines, blog posts and comments on the document regarding changes to make next draft, I would probably be at least up to 21k by now, if not even further...but that always feels kind of like cheating, so I don't want to do that if I don't have to...))


    Aaaaaand I still forgot to look into changing the colors. :sigh:

No comments:

Post a Comment