Saturday, November 4, 2023

NotNaNo '23, Day 4: 404 Title Not Found

 Ugh.  One of those days.  As soon as I have to leave the house, my productivity is permanently kaput.


I had to go out to lunch with my parents today.  Then watch an episode of TV with them (which they have seen roughly a gazillion times but somehow they think it's worthwhile to sit there and simply watch it again without even doing anything else at the same time) and....ugh.

Day lost.

I mean, it could be worse.  I did at least get in a decent day's writing before I had to leave.  But the fact that I had no choice in the matter is still galling.  As is the fact that I could probably have written twice as much if I hadn't been forced to stop while I still had some juice left in me.

Anyway, I'm posting this on my phone, so I have no graph today.  But I do at least have numbers.

The whole work's total is now up to 259,647, which means I wrote 2,300 words today.  (The even hundred is kinda cool, I gotta admit...but I would have preferred to break 10k today.  Reaching Day 4 without even breaking 10k is humiliating.  (On the first draft of the first Atalanta and Ariadne book, I broke 50k on the fourth day!  Admittedly, on that one I literally wrote all night on the first night and I was much younger then, but still!  (It wasn't even NaNo; I was just that jazzed about what I was writing.)))

No comments:

Post a Comment