Thursday, November 30, 2023

NotNaNo '23, Day 30: Finally over with!

     Another November completed, another NotNaNoWriMo behind me.

    This one would have been a lot better if I hadn't started having heart palpitations again in the last four or so days of it.  😭  Still, I did at least manage to get through the "next few sequences" outline that I had guessed would take about 30-40k to write (I thought I said so in a post somewhere, but I'm not sure where...) and said outline's contents actually ended up taking 51k words.  Actually, maybe I said it would be 30-50k?  I don't know, I can't find where I said that (it may have been in one of my notes to myself somewhere and not in a post, as I just looked through a bunch of them and found nothing on that),  but either way...wait.  Wait.  No, I'm confused.  Did I say that about this section of outline or the earlier section of outline?  Or did I delete some steps from this section of the outline already?  Because--

    Ugh, you know what?  Never mind.  It doesn't matter.

    What does matter is that I said twice around the time that November started that the bit of outline I had would last me until December and it did!  Precisely!

    (Okay, I found where I gave numbers, and it was in the previous version of the outline that led up to this same point, where the final step on that outline started with "Aaaannnnnnnd I’m not sure how I’ll proceed from there, but this is actually quite a lot, probably another 20-40k, so I’ll worry about it later.  Much later." That outline turned into 110k. So apparently I have a very poor eye for judging how many words it's gonna take me to tell a story.)

    Anyway!

    So, I didn't break 100k this month, but I did finish the mini-outline I was working from (and now I need to write a new one before I can move forwards 😭) which was one of my goals for November, so I consider it a true win! 😆

    Final numbers!

    Total words in document: 343,792

    Words written today: 8,730

    Words written in November, total: 93,792

    Pretty version:


    Also, here's the words by day version for the whole month:


    In other news, this happened today:


    Thought that one was fun. 😋

    Also, I wanted to share this exchange I wrote today:

            Jiang Cheng’s face mottled crimson so dark it was almost purple, and he shoved Wei Wuxian’s hand away as if it was a poisonous snake.  “Don’t you have any shame, Wei Wuxian?!”

            “None to speak of.”  Wei Wuxian shook his head.  “But I do have principles, Jiang Cheng.  You know that.”


    I have fun with their brotherly relationship.  (Also with Wei Wuxian's utter lack of shame.)


    Anyway, with all this finally behind me, I will probably take a few days off from writing in order to unwind.  Also to focus on reading.  (I'm still not caught up in rereading Heaven Official's Blessing, even though the final volume is sitting there on the table, begging me to hurry up and read it! 😭)  I also haven't even started Persona 5 Tactica yet, and I already saw a Youtube thumbnail that teased me with something possibly awesome being in it, so I want to get to that in a hurry, too...(though I am trying not to get my hopes up too high, lest they be dashed yet again...)

No comments:

Post a Comment