Monday, November 20, 2023

NotNaNo '23, Day 20: starting to get problematic

     Wow.  Yesterday was...a thing.

    So, for reasons, I could not sleep the previous night.  Like, at all.  I got maybe four hours, probably closer to two.  (Certainly, I didn't get four contiguous hours, at any rate.)

    I was, therefore, a complete wreck yesterday, tired through and through, to the point that I had a big, caffeinated soda with my lunch (normally, I only allow myself caffeine once a day, in case it had anything to do with where my heart palpitations came from), and I was still barely conscious for the rest of the day.

    Now, I did actually manage to get some writing done--to the tune of 989 words, so better than the day before--but I did not have the strength to do anything like, y'know, posting to the blog about it.

    Today was...better?  I guess?  Certainly, I wrote a lot more words, and got past the scene I was on, but...I feel like I lost the majority of the day.  (Admittedly, I did lose a huge chunk of it to going to lunch with my parents and then finally getting to see Barbie (which only makes what I'm writing feel like even more of a waste of time, because I'm writing shallow escapism, instead of trying to find a way to write something meaningful and powerful and funny and emotional and) but that's hardly the entire day, and I should have been able to write plenty in the morning before I left, yet I didn't.)

    Doesn't help that last night I slept on my neck wrong and now it hurts like crazy, but I don't think that had anything to do with my lack of words today or how uneasily they came.  (Hmm...I don't think that's the right word there...like..."uneasily" is not actually the opposite of "easily" even though it should be...)

    Anyway, I want to get this done before having dinner and it's already almost 6:30, so...

    Total words in work:  308,563

    Words written today:  1,841

    Words written in November to date:  58,563

    Pretty version:

    Also, since it's been another ten days, here's the words by the day version:

    ...and both the troughs and peaks are now lower than they were.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment