Friday, November 17, 2023

NotNaNo '23, Day 17: No real title again today

     Not a lot to say about today's writing.  I did get a lot accomplished--last night in the bath I figured out how to get over the story block I had last night (I always seem to get a lot of story ideas in the bath for some reason), and so I finished both that scene and the next one--but I also got distracted by trying to look up some stuff.

    The problem with writing fanfiction rather than regular fiction is you have to stop and check on things in the original work.  Case in point, the brothers I was talking about the other day.  They're half-brothers, yeah?  So, I was wondering what we knew about their mothers; specifically, for a conversation I was writing, I wanted to know if one of their mothers was a concubine, or a mistress, or what.  (After all, it could be that the elder's mother died in childbirth and the father remarried.)  So I went to their wiki pages and looked at the page text and when that didn't say anything I looked at the comments, just in case anyone had asked and gotten any interesting replies.  The comments on the younger brother's page were a lot of arguing over the morality of his actions and whether or not he was a better person than Jin Guangyao.  (Anyone who says JGY is a better person is wrong.  NHS is morally grey, but by the end of the story JGY is practically evil.  There are many places he could have stopped at just being morally grey, but he didn't; he decided to embrace the worse side of his actions and magnified it repeatedly for no reason but the pursuit of power/reputation.)  The comments on the elder brother's page, however, were as follows:  one comment about how he comes off pretty badly due to his refusal to see things in shades of gray, and every other comment there was thirsting over him.  Like, so much thirst.  I was just not expecting that.  I mean, yeah, the actor on the drama is hot, but so's half the cast, so...I dunno.  I don't get allosexuals, is what I suppose I'm trying to say. 🤣


    Anyway!

    Today's numbers!

    Total words in work:  305,246

    Words written today:  a very respectable 5,112

    Words written in November to date:  55,246

    Pretty version:



No comments:

Post a Comment