Monday, November 13, 2023

NotNaNo '23, Day 13: writer fall flat

 Today was just a non-starter.

I wrote 295 words.

Some of which got cancelled out because I realized that what I had the character starting to do last night was moronic and would permanently put a stop to (at the least) the romance she's supposed to get into.

Admittedly, she's been fighting me the whole way on that romance, so maybe it's just not in the cards despite that it was the plan going in, but...enh, I will worry about that after I write her reaction to the second time he confesses to her.  (First time did not go well for him.  Though that, at least, was how it was supposed to go all along.  She was supposed to fall for him along the way, though, and so far she is 100% resistant to his allure.  (Maybe tsundere guys are an acquired taste?  (I'm not sure I like what that says about me, if so...)))

Anyway, I have given up on writing more.  But tomorrow should be better, because I have a strong scene I've been looking forward coming up.  (Though I also have an errand to run out of the house, which always puts a crimp in my writing plans...)

No comments:

Post a Comment