Tuesday, November 14, 2023

NotNaNo '23, Day 14: As predicted, almost

     Well, it was a better writing day today than yesterday.  That's something.

    Not a lot, but something.

    It definitely would have been a better day if I hadn't gone out to lunch as well as going to the bookstore to get the new (and I think final?) volume of Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card, but...not a lot to do about that after the fact.  (Would also definitely have been a much better day all around if I had gone out to lunch somewhere else, because the lunch I had did not sit well with me, and...well, I don't want to say what happened because of that.  But suffice to say that I lost some potential writing time due to that.)

    Also not helpful was the fact that I wrote precisely 200 words that ended up in strikethrough before the day was over because I had allowed the conversation to turn in a direction that was totally stupid and useless because the characters were not saying anything the reader didn't already know, and not revealing anything about their personalities in so doing.  Thankfully, I noticed before I had written any more than that, so I was able to correct, but...ugh.  The fact that something like that can happen (and that something similar happened yesterday is frustrating, to say the least.)

    I also ended up needing to add more to my outline and refine/retool some of what was already there, a task that took a bit over 1,000 words, so that if I had been able to spend that time on actual writing instead of outlining, I might have added 3k to my work instead of 2k.  Again, ugh seems like the best way to sum that up.

    On the other hand, near the end of my writing day, at the end of a sentence, as I was trying to figure out what the next line was, I glanced down at the status bar at the bottom of the window and saw 



    which is pretty cool, because  normally I have to force my palindromes a bit.  (Deleting spaces to reduce the word count by a tiny bit, usually...)  On top of that, this palindrome's page count even tied into the word count.  😆


    Anyway, anything else I had to say has been washed out of my brain by lots of random little crap, so...


    Number time!

    Today I wrote 2,454 words...

    ....making for 295,014 words in the work total...

    ...and 45,014 in November to date.

    Which seems not bad, yeah?  Especially since we're not quite at the halfway mark for the month! 😁

    Pretty version:

No comments:

Post a Comment