Sunday, November 27, 2022

NaNo Rebel '22, Days 26 & 27: One more task done(ish)

     So, yesterday I was sorta wiped, mentally, and didn't feel like booting up my internet computer (my novels are on my beloved 15+ year old laptop that has never once touched the internet), so I didn't post anything, but I did get my writing in!  Yesterday I added another 1,303 words to my total, exclusively working on the new content for The Golden God of Aiolia, most of which was in one big 940-word chunk!  (I handled making that battle interactive in a different way than I had in any of the previous ones, where each menu gives you two choices, and one of them leads straight to the end of the fight, but the other keeps leading to more choices until you finally get to one that either leads to a game over or to an altered version of the end of the fight; I've already forgotten which it was...😅)

    Then today I actually finished up the new content for The Golden God of Aiolia, another 713 words...plus I came up with a really good idea for how to develop the relationship in one of the MDZS AU fanfic ideas I'd had before, and wrote another 1123 words describing the idea. 😅

    I'm not sure where my word count will come from for the remaining three days of November, though, since my next task ought to be getting the new material for The Golden God of Aiolia coded into its Ren'py version, which isn't an adding words kind of thing.  (I mean, there will be some words of code, but it's not the same thing at all, plus there wouldn't be very many of them.)

    I suppose rather than diving right into the coding, I could start work on the next draft of book three, The Martial Maenads, but...honestly, I still have some questions about how to handle one of the new characters, and I don't know if I can get advice in time to start work already by tomorrow. 😰  I should probably also reread the current draft before I start on the next one.

    Technically, I spotted enough errors in The Golden God of Aiolia that I probably ought to read it over again to fix things, but if I do that, shouldn't I also go back and fix up book one while I'm at it?  It's sort of endless...

    ...so maybe I shouldn't try to do anything more than adding the interactivity and the new slight sub-plot (it's more just a background story thread than a proper sub-plot) right now and wait until I've gotten the entire series released and then do a proper fixing up on them all.

    Hmm.

    I'll have to think about that.

    Anyway!

    Word counts!

    November 26:

    Words written:  1,303

    Month to date:  60,613

    November 27:

    Words written: 1,836

    Month to date:  62,449

No comments:

Post a Comment