Monday, November 28, 2022

NaNo Rebel '22, Day 28: Glass Onion

     I did all my writing this morning--redid the prologue of The Martial Maenads, to the tune of 6,458 words--because this afternoon we all went out to see Glass Onion, the sequel (sort of?) to Knives Out.

    OMG, so good!  (Which, really, is only to be expected, given how awesome Knives Out was.)

    I don't want to say too much about the movie, because it's definitely best not to have a lot of spoilers going in, but I can safely say that everything was just top-notch:  script, direction, acting, set design, costumes (omg, some of the costumes!!), everything.  Part of me wants to mention some of the cameos, but those, too, probably are best experienced as a surprise, so I won't.  Since it's made apparent so early in the film, though, I'll go ahead and mention that the movie also gets an A+ in "perfect release timing," because Edward Norton's character is essentially a parody of Elon Musk.  (Not 1-to-1, mind you, but close enough that the influence is obvious.)


    Thankfully, I don't write mysteries, so I don't have to feel pitiful by comparison.  ;)  (Now that I think about it, though, this makes both the last two movies I've seen in theaters murder mysteries:  the previous movie I went to see was See How They Run, which was in most respects just as good, but just didn't quite click with me for whatever reason.)


    Anyway, my NotNaNo totals:

    Today's word count, 6,458

    Words written in November to date:  68,907


    (Though I look at how I phrased that and feel like I ought to log into the NaNo site and get all my past November word counts, and all my word counts from my past NotNaNo Novembers, and add them all to this year's total and look at how many words I've written in the month of November over the last 11 years...)

No comments:

Post a Comment