Friday, November 25, 2022

NaNo Rebel '22, Day 25: Finally moving on

     Today, I really did finally start working on the upgrade to The Golden God of Aiolia.  I redid the first Deidameia scene to imply that she's actually only into women and thus only liked Achilles because he was dressed as a girl, and I completed the first interactive bit.  Well, completed writing the new text for it.  It's not coded, and certainly not put into Ren'py yet, but...that's much faster than figuring out how the heck I wanted to go about adding interactivity to an already completed fight scene.  (Even worse, a fight scene between three young people and a twice-life-size stone statue with limited intellect.  Much reduced options for things to happen there, esp. when one of the people in question can't really take part in the fight.)

    The next scene on the schedule for reworking is the second spot to add some interactivity, a big battle scene...which I somehow managed to completely avoid adding an actual battle to the first time around.  😅  So, it kinda actually needed an upgrade there anyway.  But I suck at writing fight scenes in any way, so I rather choked on that and ended up stopping after the first section of new text.  (I'd had enough trouble adding to the first one!  Trying to write two combat scenes in one day was just too much for my poor brain!)

    Trying to count my words for all that was kinda crazy, though:  I had to just sort of highlight the new bits and get the word count for each individual new bit and then add them together.  (One of them was literally only one word!)

    Anyway, the word count I ended up with for today was 1,423, which would be bad if I hadn't hit 50k yet, but since I have, I think it's acceptable.  :)

    Total words written in November to date:   59,310


    BTW, I wanted to share something really stupid I did yesterday.  A brief quote:

"What is wrong with you?!" Wei Ying shouted!

    I have no idea why I put an exclamation point after "shouted," but it's so funny I couldn't bear to delete it yet.  😂  (I'll get rid of it when I edit the fic before posting it, though...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment