Sunday, November 6, 2022

NaNo Rebel '22, Day 6: OMG, day 6 already?!

     Ack.  Almost the entire first week of November is already gone, and what do I have to show for it?!

    <copious weeping>

    I'm not so much worried about my progress through the script/my 50,000 word NaNoWriMo goal as I am that I have a deadline to finish some real-world stuff by the 9th and there's still a disquieting amount of it that I haven't done yet. 😅

    Anyway, today I had to go off-book (as it were) to add some new material to the visual novel script because my pantser nature had changed the tone of the preceding scene to the point where more was needed before the next scene that's actually in the outline.  😅  I'll still be "off-book" tomorrow and probably for several days after that, too, but whatcha gonna do?  I can't just leap from one scene to the next in a way that makes no logical sense, leaving out a bunch of very important plot development!  (FYI, I am laughing my ass off over here about that phrasing, because the next scene in the outline literally involves frogs.)

    It took me a while to drum up a possible scene to fill in that gap, and there's still gaps in my plans for the scene for tomorrow, but...I'll think of something...?

    Anyway!  Word count time!


    Today (counting some additions to the outline and a bit more on the plot summary for an MDZS AU fanfic) I wrote 1,904 words.

    This brings the total for November up to 12,761.

No comments:

Post a Comment