Monday, November 7, 2022

NaNo Rebel '22, Day 7: Still forging ahead...

     Not much to report about today's writing, really.  (Is there ever?)  I didn't accomplish anything particularly big, just kept going ahead with the plan I worked up earlier about how to fill in the gap between the planned scenes.  (The gap that's only there because of the material I added to a previous planned scene... 😅 )

    I did also check in with the project lead about some of the new material I've added to the VN, and they had no complaints, so that's good, at least!  😆


    (Since starting to use Discord, I find I have become increasingly addicted to using emojis when I write informally like this. 😰  It's kind of alarming... 😱)


    Anyway!  Today's word count numbers!

    Total written today was a modest 2,307 (of which only 920 was for the VN script, with 408 on the fanfic that's almost done, and the remaining 979 adding material to the plot summary for a different fanfic I want to write)

    That makes my total so far in November a decent 15,068.

    This number is disappointing for two reasons.

    First, it would be cooler if I had written one more word.  😋

    Second, back in the day, I'd have already been at 50k by now, or at least a lot closer to it.  (I think my in-NaNo speed record was Day 5, while my out-of-NaNo record was like Day 4.)

    On the other hand, the NaNoWriMo officially suggested word goal for today to be on target to reach 50k by the end of November is 11,669, so I'm well ahead of the game and shouldn't be complaining.  😂

No comments:

Post a Comment