Saturday, November 5, 2022

NaNo Rebel '22, Day 5: Last Minute

     Well, not "last minute" as such, but I didn't even start writing until dinner time, sooooo....pretty close to it. 😅  (When you consider that I typically like to start writing in the morning...)

    Today was just kind of not my day for writing.  Or anything else, actually.  In part because I had a really bad night last night, and in part because I ended up having to spend most of the afternoon with my family.  Which sounds very awful when I say it that way.  (It's just that in our case "spending time with the family" tends to be "I go over to my parents' house and we all watch TV together," so that's kinda...a different thing than what most people mean when they say "spending time with the family.")

    But!

    I did manage to write over the daily 1,667 words!

    Admittedly, most of it was me jotting down the plot idea for yet another MDZS fanfic (which I may or may not actually get around to writing), but...hey, words are words, right?  And at least I did add another 812 words to the VN script, taking me to the end of the scene (which turned out really pretty good for a first draft, because instead of the MC and the dragon cheerfully working together, they started squabbling viciously as soon as the tense situation was resolved, which is way more fun), so that's something...except that now I feel like it needs a new scene in between that one and the next one on the outline. 😅 I'll have to talk to my collaborator and see if they have any ideas for what to put in there.

    Anyway, today's stats:

    Words written:  2,694

    Total in November to date:  10,857

No comments:

Post a Comment