Sunday, November 20, 2022

NaNo Rebel '22, Day 20: Progress?

     Actually did a pretty good job today, maybe?

    I added a full 1,671 words to the VN script today, so I got the NaNo-prescribed word total exclusively in my main project.  (Also yesterday I added 220 more words to the fanfic plot description after posting my word count total, so...)

    Words written to date this November:  40,565

    I'd say I'm in pretty darn good shape to hit 50k at this rate.  XD

    More importantly, I'm in good shape to finish up this script by the end of the month, too.  The outline has 17 larger points on it, and I'm almost done with point 14, so there are only three points left after that, two of which have chunks I'll have to skip over due to combat, poetry and romance stuff, which my co-writer and I agreed were all things I would just leave for them to write, since I can't handle that stuff.  So, a few more days as productive as this one, and I should have this thing finally finished up!

    Then I can get to adding the lesbian side-plot to The Golden God of Aiolia!  😁  (Well, no, actually, does it count as a lesbian side-plot if what I'm doing is establishing that a girl fell in love with a boy disguised as a girl because she believed he really was a girl, instead of the usual thing of only falling for him after learning that he wasn't?  I mean, I guess it does, since the side-plot is "oh, actually, she's a lesbian" rather than "here's the stereotypical mourning widow version of Deidameia that you'll see any old where.")  I'm stoked about this side-plot, even if I'm a) depressed that I only thought of it after releasing the original version and b) that it's taken me this long to deal with the VN script I agreed to write for someone else before I could get to that side-plot.  (Honestly, if I'd had any idea this would take so long to write, I'd have written the changes to The Golden God of Aiolia first.  This VN has totally thrown off the release schedule for the Atalanta and Ariadne books.  Not that they had a schedule, as such, but I had hoped to at least release one a year, if not get them out faster than that!  (With five more to go after The Golden God of Aiolia, that's awfully bleeding slow, especially considering I've already written the first drafts of all of them!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    EDIT - Yeaaaaaahhhh, stuff happened.

    Like, lots of stuff.

    Specifically, lots of stuff involving me going back to that one fanfic I shouldn't have even started and just really getting wrapped up in writing it.  To the tune of a huge number of words.  (Which I'm actually still writing, only it's midnight now, so...update the post goes!)

    Ended up turning on the Elton John farewell concert while I was writing, because...because?  But when it started, after the first numbers, in between songs he spoke into the microphone and mentioned the Disney+ livestream of the concert, right?  At the time, I was just like "omg, they made him call attention to it?  that's so tacky!"  And just now, about half an hour in, I suddenly realized "wait a minute, that's just like how in Velvet Goldmine when we see part of a Tommy Stone broadcast as Arthur is entering the subway, he thanks the sponsors of his concert and talks about his live satellite feed for the concert," and that just led to a real "whoaaaaa" moment.  (I mean, really, that presumably just means that such things are standard practice, which I didn't know because I've never actually been to a rock concert because I'm just that kind of loser, but...yeah.  Just felt like saying that.)

    Anyhoo, new daily total is: 6,367

    Making the new total to date in November: 45,261

No comments:

Post a Comment