Monday, November 21, 2022

NaNo Rebel '22, Day 21: What a day!

     This has been the weirdest day.

    First, I slept late.  Like really, really late.  Like, I got up about an hour before lunch.  😰  That totally threw my entire day off track.

    Okay, actually, I wasn't asleep that whole time.  In fact, I ended up writing a lot on my phone. 😅  Unfortunately, it was all for that fanfic which I shouldn't have even started yet because it sort of depends on knowing how things went down in the book as opposed to how they went down on the show, but...I guess I'll just fix it in the second draft, 'cause by the time I stopped writing today, I'd almost completely gotten past the whole part where they're talking about the past.  (And OMG, did I cry a lot while writing some of that stuff!  There are two characters in The Untamed who really stir my maternal instinct, characters who I just want to fold up in a big hug and protect them from everyone who might want to hurt them.  I had to kill both of them off in what I wrote today.  That was brutal.  I am a monster.)

    Unfortunately, I didn't get as much done on the VN script as I would have liked.  Though I did at least finish the outline point I was on yesterday, so I'm that much closer to finishing it, I guess?  At this rate, I'm not entirely sure I'll manage to finish the script within November, but I'll be very close to finishing it if I don't actually finish it.

    Today's word count total:  4,368 (sadly only 486 of it was my main project)

    Total words written this November to date:  49,629

    Soooooo close!

    Part of me is sitting here going "oh, I should just write a little more on that fanfic and cross the 50k line tonight..." and the rest of me is like "no, turn on the Switch and buy that game you've been wanting that's already on the Black Friday sale..."

    I think the second part's gonna win.  😂

No comments:

Post a Comment