Friday, November 18, 2022

NaNo Rebel '22, Day 18: Um...slightly better?

     So, I didn't quite make it up to the NaNo-recommended daily word count of 1,667 today, but I at least came close:  I reached 1,627 words today.  And all on my main project!  So that's something, anyway.  (And, as on a lot of other days when I had trouble writing, I did have to deal with the whole I left my house to do stuff issue:  I had to go to the grocery store and stock up because everyplace that sells food will be a madhouse between now and next Friday.)

    Anyway, that puts my total for the month so far up to 35,965 words.  So, a bit scuffed, but still not too shabby, I guess?  (Except when you consider that back in the day, I typically hit 50k before day 10.)


    BTW, I forgot to mention this yesterday, but I wanted to share something kinda funny from the latest fanfic story idea I jotted down in my now-lengthy file of plotlines for potential future fanfiction.  I ended the description of the sci-fi AU with "Probably the station comes under attack and they escape the carnage together and then...uh...a plot happens?"  Because, like so many of my ideas, it was mostly just the situation/set-up and not the actual plot. 😅  This is why I have so many unused ideas, because I can never come up with a plot to go with the set-up.

    Still, I thought it was pretty funny to just cap it off with "and then a plot happens."

No comments:

Post a Comment