Saturday, November 12, 2022

NaNo Rebel '22, Day 12: Why must I leave the house?

     "Why must I leave the house?" is a question because every single time I leave the house I can't get correctly into my writing groove!

    Sometimes I can manage to swing it somehow after returning, but then other times you get a day like today.

    I mean, I did have a half-way decent showing on the VN script today:  precisely 1,000 words.

    Also wrote 194 words of additional plot summary for a potential fanfic, but...uh...yeah.  That's pretty far short of goal.

    Also, how weird is it that I happened to peter out at exactly 1,000 words?


    Anyway, today's total was, as I said, 1,194 words, making my total words written to date in November 23,524.

    Given my typical writing speed, if I can manage not to leave the house tomorrow, I should break 25k tomorrow, which would put me at halfway done a tiny bit before halfway through the month, which is...good?  Sorta?  It's like...back in the day, I would be at least up to 75k by now.  Though that was pantsing my way through a novel that no one other than me was ever going to read, whereas this is (mostly) following an outline for a script for someone else which they intend to rewrite and publish as a commercial visual novel, so it's sorta a very different animal.  (Also I have to keep stopping and worrying about if I'm introducing too many locations and thus making the demands for background art skyrocket. 😅)

No comments:

Post a Comment