Thursday, November 10, 2022

NaNo Rebel '22, Day 10: Surprisingly Strong

     Surprising because it looked earlier like I was gonna get in maybe ~300 words for the day.

    See, first thing this afternoon, I had an appointment to get a COVID booster shot, and then I had to go grocery shopping, only to be able to carry the groceries into the house, I had to sweep like two feet of leaves off my front walk (seriously, the guy who mows my lawn actually put more leaves on the walk and the steps onto the porch than there were to begin with, and there were already a bunch of them, on account of I have a massive tree in my front yard that dropped all its leaves in about three days), plus it was crazy hot today (for November, anyway), so I was exhausted and gross with sweat and so by the time I was done recovering and then bathing it was already dinner time, and the only writing I'd done was the little bit I plugged into Google Docs on my phone while I was waiting to get my booster shot.

    But I've often discovered that for some reason bathing and showering really turbocharge my creativity (one time I had such a great story idea in the shower that I hurried out to write it down and didn't realize until the next day that I'd only shaved one leg 😂), so I ended up writing 1,440 words of plot summary for a sci-fi MDZS AU.  (Yeah, I know, it'd be better if it was something original that I came up with...but I dunno, isn't it pretty original to move something from ancient China to a Cowboy Bebop-like sci-fi setting?)

    Even managed to get a bit over 800 words on the VN, too.  So, I'm managing to make up a little for that under-par day a few days back.

    Today's total:  2,314

    Total words in November to date: 20,458

No comments:

Post a Comment