Wednesday, November 9, 2022

NaNo Rebel '22, Day 9: Back on Track(ish)

     So, yesterday I reported completing the day's writing with a miserable 872 words.

    I'm glad to say that that wasn't strictly accurate.  Right before I went to bed last night, I had an idea and added another 349 words to the VN script, which brought yesterday's total up to 1,221 words, and the total for the month up to 16,289.   Not quite hitting par for yesterday's word count even with that addition, but at least closer to it.

    As to today...ugh, it started out badly.  Like, really really badly.

    Didn't really start writing until after lunch, and I kept flipping over to other browser tabs to look at other things.  (Also ended up making an Etsy purchase because a bit of fan art someone I follow posted looked like it was going to sell out within the day (having been posted less than a day earlier!) and I didn't want to miss it because it was epic.)

    In the end, though, I basically pulled through.

    I wrote a total of 1,855 words today, of which 1,503 were on the VN script, and the remaining 352 were on that fanfic...which I realized I could have stopped two scenes ago, so most of what I've written this month on it (possibly all of it? where was I when I started?) was actually pretty much just wasted time/wordage, but...well, at this point, I'm determined to finish out the scene I'm slowly plodding through, and if I end up deleting it I'll end up deleting it, but better to do that from a position of "it's written and unnecessary" than from a position of "maybe it would be pointless or maybe it would have been good but it doesn't exist so."

    Today's words brought up the total for the month to 18,144.

    Still a long way to go to reach 50k, unfortunately.  But I'm still a bit ahead of the curve, I think, so I should be fine.  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment