Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Mixed

     On the one hand, my cell phone woes continue.  My new provider needs a "port out pin" in order to transfer over your phone number.  My old provider has never heard of such a thing, and all they have is my regular pin or my account number.  Neither provider will tell me which of those it wants.  Furthermore, my old provider guards account numbers with far more zeal than the government guards our social security numbers, and I had to jump through a lot of annoying hoops to get my account number in order to submit that, only to hear back that the account number is "incorrect".  Meaning either the person at the service provider who gave me my own account number got it wrong, or it wasn't the number the other carrier wanted.  This is patently absurd.  They're holding our account numbers hostage in order to force us not to leave.  I've been getting cell phone service from a yandere service provider.  That's actually really freaky.

    On the other hand, I finished the current draft of The Golden God of Aiolia.  Which meant rewrites of six lore scenes and writing two new ones.  Plus figuring out where all the chapters were going to end (since many of them are no longer ending where they originally did) so I could put the lore scenes in the right place instead of in a separate file or tacked on at the end.  The complete draft came to 102,005 words.  (Without the lore scenes, it was 96,408.)

    So, for my current NaNoWriMo rebel numbers:  yesterday, my total words written for November so far was 98,316.

    Today's total word count is 103,913.

    So, today I wrote 5,597 words.  Wow, those two new lore scenes were even shorter than I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment