Monday, November 22, 2021

Hopeful

     So far, mostly so good today.  Not being able to use my standing desk set-up with my good laptop is maddening--actually painful, in fact--but on the plus side, practically everything on the internet will be on sale starting on Friday, so I can at least order a more traditional standing desk set-up somewhere that expects a separate keyboard, so once I manage to make room for it, that should work out.  Somehow.  :cough:

    In better news, I managed to finish the main body of the new draft of The Golden God of Ailoia today.  I still have the extra lore chunks that need to be sprinkled in between chapters (previous draft on that was about 5k), which I'll have to finish up tomorrow.  Honestly, I wanted to get it all done today, but I couldn't bear any more writing on that computer today.  It's hard to describe why without being embarrassing, but the short version is that it's a complication of my obesity.  (And yes, I know losing weight would be a better solution than buying a standing desk I don't have room for, but that's something that takes years when you consider how much weight I need to lose.  There has to be a solution for daily living in the meantime.)

    The full new draft, minus lore bits, for The Golden God of Aiolia is 96,408 words.  The previous draft was 87,500 words.

    My total word count yesterday (counting a bit I'd written for another novel) was 92,060.

    My total word count for today is 98,316.

    So today I managed to get through 6,256 words...so actually if I had done the lore bits as well, that would have made it one of my best days ever, so I probably shouldn't feel too discouraged about not having gotten through them...I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment