Friday, November 6, 2020

Not-NaNo Day 6: Well...this has been a day...

 Ugh, and what a day it's been!

It started last night, actually.  My brother invited me to come over to his place to watch some stuff and have dinner.  Totally normal.

Only then my car didn't start.

So this morning I had to call AAA, have them come take a look at it, and nope, they couldn't fix it.  They could get it going, but they couldn't just replace the dead battery.  I had to take it to the dealership.

So I leave the car at the dealership, and my brother and I go out to get some lunch and run some errands while it's with the dealership.  And I get the call that it's ready to go while we're out...

...but before we're done with our errands, I am hit by...I don't know quite what to call it.  I suppose it was just an extreme reaction to eating greasier food than my stomach is used to, but it was so severe I was afraid it might be food poisoning.

Consequently, I was left so incapacitated that I was unable to go pick up  my car.

I was even feeling so out of it that I didn't think I'd be up to any kind of further work on my project, and ended up turning on Disney+ to watch a movie with the four slices of toast that made up my dinner.  Thankfully, the toast seemed to help a lot, so I was able to get back to work after the movie was over (and after I finished looking up some of the voices on imdb, lol), and I managed to get some more work done on the escape game, even if it was mostly boring grind work.

Before having to deal with the car, of course, I had done the graphical work I'd needed to do yesterday, and also written up one small part of the glossary for the previous game.  (Okay, technically what I did was copy-paste the glossary from the escape game, deleting, shortening and extending various entries as needed.)  So at least I did  a little writing as well as coding.  And being sick to my stomach. :(

But now I'm in this annoying situation where I still have to go get my car tomorrow.  (This is especially annoying because I had double-checked with the person I checked the car in with that I would be called when it was ready, because I hadn't been last time, meaning I hadn't been able to pick it up until the next day...and so what happened this time?  I still ended up not picking it up until the next day...)

Anyway, at least I did manage to get in two hours of work today, so that's something. :)

Total time in November to date: 12:31:30.03

No comments:

Post a Comment