Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Not-NaNo Day 17: One More Project Done!

 Well, I say "done," but I doubt it's genuinely done.  I've uploaded version 1.1 of Are You A Better General Than Agamemnon?, but it's probably still got lots of errors.  (I mean, I was checking that the graphics worked today and I already spotted the enormous-yet-not-worthy-of-an-update problem that I forgot to re-italicize The Iliad and Troilus and Cressida in Patroclos' Glossary entry.)  Still, I'm hoping it's not got any more howling errors, and can stay at version 1.1 at least long enough for me not to have to mess with again until at least next year. :P

And I did start work on Love Allergy, the parody of a dating sim game, where the point is to avoid getting a boyfriend.

Though I actually decided to make one of the...what should I even call them?  They're not love interests, since the point is to keep them away, but calling them antagonists doesn't feel even the tiniest bit right.

Well, whatever they are, I decided to make one of them less clear cut.  Instead of the household butler, the character is the live-in...uh...I'm not sure what term to use for it, to be honest.  "Live-in help" sounds horribly dismissive.  (If anyone knows a non-gendered equivalent of butler, please let me know!)  Anyway, the heroine (who is also the narrator) can't figure out if they're male or female, and doesn't want to pry, so she just uses they/them pronouns for the character.  Which is less cool than the character being specifically agender or nonbinary or whatever, rather than being mysteriously androgynous, but...given what I'm parodying, even this is almost revolutionary.

I didn't actually start writing the game, though.  I just planned out the bare bones of the scenario (beyond the even more bare bones stuff I'd already decided on) and figured out the characters' names, and a little bit of their character and history.  And by the time I had done that, I didn't feel like doing the actual writing.  (Dunno why.)

So, I'll start the actual writing tomorrow.

Anyway, I only got in about an hour and a half today, but I was ahead yesterday, so I'm still on track for 60 hours in November.

Oh, before I forget, here's my self-reward I mentioned yesterday:


Of course, in that form, it's not too clear what it is!  I couldn't actually assemble it, because it didn't have assembly slots/holes/etc, and needed to be simply glued together, but this photo might make it a little more clear:


It's a Chibi Trojan Horse model. :P  I saw that and just couldn't resist it! :D  I need to go to the site where I bought it and see if they recommend a particular type of glue to assemble it.  (And then once it's glued, I should probably paint it, since they used gray plastic...)

Time spent working on my writing projects in November to date:  34:23:26.07

No comments:

Post a Comment