Monday, November 16, 2020

Not-NaNo Day 16: Closer, but...

 So, I lost a lot of time today.  My area is going back into a partial lockdown tomorrow (dining areas of restaurants closed again, all stores limited to 25% capacity, etc.), and so my parents wanted all four of us to get in one more nice lunch out, and my brother wanted to go out to dinner, too, so I lost a huge chunk of time to those outings.  (On the other hand, hey, free food.)

Still, I did make a good deal of progress!  I fixed a whole lot of errors in the code on the two passages that displayed the post-war fates of the various characters.  (The down side of that is that I'm utterly humiliated that it went out in that condition!)  In fact, I was hoping that I was more or less done...but then I found out that I made a mistake in the passages where you're deciding what to do with the captured Trojan royal family, and somehow Helenos was getting auto-assigned to the player character. :(  That shouldn't have been happening, and I mean, looking at the code I can't even figure out how it was happening!

So that's my tomorrow, figuring that out.  (I may have to scrap most of the coding for that passage and just start over if I can't figure out where the error is.)

I got in almost two and a half hours, though.  That's cool. :)

And I believe the package that arrived today is my self-reward for finishing the game.  I'll post a picture of it once I've uploaded the patched version of the game. ;)

Total time spent in November to date: 32:54:06.03

No comments:

Post a Comment