Thursday, November 12, 2020

Not-NaNo Day 12: Some real progress, sort of

 So, I've finished the glossary for Are You A Better General Than Agamemnon?.  At least, I've sort of finished it.  I've written the basic text of it, though I may have left some names and terms out.  (But as it's already almost 17k words long, I really don't want to have to add any more entries!)

What I still have to do is to code it and insert it into the game.  The insertion won't be too hard, but the coding will likely be a nightmare.  I still haven't looked up just what kind of code I need.

Still, it's promising to have gotten this far so early in the month.  I should have a good amount of time to either start work on the romance-avoidance sim or to realize that there's no way I can do a decent job at it and give up in order to start work on updating the rest of the novel that The Cousins came from. :P

Anyway, I somehow managed to get in about two hours today, despite losing half the day to my parents wanting to take me and my brother out to lunch and then somehow managing to forget (again) that I hate that one restaurant because its menu is 90% fish and 5% hamburgers, and I don't like either of those things.  (Okay, technically, I kinda like beer-battered fish, but that's not what they serve.  They serve fish that actually looks like it came from a fish.  Also their menu has the words "Frog's Legs" on it, which frankly is enough to make me nauseous all by itself.  As if the décor in that place and its general fishy stink wasn't already enough to churn my stomach.)  And I can no longer order two of the three things on their menu that I don't hate because their toasted ravioli is nasty and their grilled chicken sandwich once gave me such horrible food poisoning that I will never, ever order it there again, period, end of subject.  But somehow I was the one being unreasonable when I decided to eat after getting home instead of asking my father to pay $13 for chicken fingers.  Um, yeah.  That's unreasonable of meSure it is.

Ugh.

I get ticked off just thinking about it.

(Not to mention that I slept so late this morning that I hadn't had breakfast, so I ended up going without breakfast and having to make do with a couple of granola bars for lunch!  Which, ironically, will probably just make me gain weight even faster, because now my body probably thinks there's a famine going on and that it needs to stockpile fat.  Because my body is evil and it hates me.)

Griping aside, time to date in November stands at 23:33:52.25.  Or thereabouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment