Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Not-NaNo Day 11: One project finished!

 I didn't contribute a lot to my hour count today (though I probably lost about twenty minutes or so due to not starting and stopping the timer every time I made a tiny little edit as I was playing through the game), but I uploaded the adaptation of the first chapter of that old novel from 2014! :D  It's called "The Cousins"  (or "The Kinswomen" in Ancient Greek, because apparently only men got to be cousins), and you can find it on itch.io here, if you're curious about how it turned out.

Ultimately, I think I probably will adapt the whole novel into a game; there's just something sort of satisfying about the experience.  Plus I think people are more forgiving about problems with interactive fiction than regular fiction.  (Also, as response to Are You A Better General Than Agamamnon? taught me, most people don't know even half as much about Greek mythology as I do, and they would quickly be stymied by all the unfamiliar names and give up.  By making it a game, I can have a glossary merely one click away.  Which would not necessarily stop people from walking away, but might at least keep one or two reading.)

Time spent in November to date: 21:34:15.54

No comments:

Post a Comment