Friday, November 24, 2023

NotNaNo '23, Day 24: Chugging Along

     So, I may have missed my post yesterday, but I didn't miss my writing yesterday.  (Also, wtf is going on?  That's the third time one of the keys on my keyboard was interpreted wrongly while trying to write a post.  Doesn't mess with any other program, just this browser.  So weird...)

    Anyway, I actually got a lot of writing done yesterday, largely I suspect because in between lunch and dinner, I spent most of the afternoon at my brother's house, because he wanted us to have dinner together, because my parents served chicken (having missed the deadline to reserve a chunk of turkey breast in advance) and it didn't seem like Thanksgiving unless we had turkey.  I was kinda "whatever" about it, but went along with it anyway.  (Which absolutely murdered my diet.  I was probably set back a week by having two full meals instead of mealbars.)

    So, yesterday's total was a really good 5,414 words.  Today's was not so great.  (Possibly because I was home alone and kept getting distracted by seeing if various sites I like to shop at were having a good Black Friday sale.  Also partially because I actually needed to buy some clothes on said Black Friday sales.  Though who knows if I ended up buying the right size...)


    At this point, I know for a fact that there is no way that before November is over I'll get through the chunk of outline I prepared at the end of last month.  Which is a pity, because I really would have liked to do so.  (Not that it would have brought me to the end of the work by a longshot.  I feel like this thing is eternal at this point...)  So my goal is kinda to get through at least two points off the outline a day, but I know I'll fail to do that tomorrow, because tomorrow's is not very fully outlined and intended to be multiple scenes instead of just one, like the other points on the outline are.  But...well, I'm just going to do what I can, I guess.



    Total words in work:  320,206

    Words written today:  2,971

    Words written in November to date:  70,206

    Pretty version:


    Tomorrow, I'll have to adjust the top bar of the chart again...

No comments:

Post a Comment