Wednesday, February 1, 2023

IWSG: Where did January go?

 


    Seriously, was January shorter this month than usual?  It feels like it shouldn't be over yet, not at all.


    Uh, okay, not relevant.

    So...I kinda feel like I do at the end of November, actually, sort of worn out by writing.  This is, of course, because I've written over 100k since January 5th.  😅  I wasn't really trying to, mind you; I just wanted to start on the work in question (fan fiction, sadly, but hey, it's more likely to be read than my regular fiction, so...🤷) and I wanted to get it done before the game jam I've committed to entering in March.

    And March sounds a long way off, but...enh.

    February's a short month, after all, and this thing turned out to be a lot longer than I was expecting it to be, so I'm glad I've put so much time into it in January!  Fortunately, I'm closing in on the end now (the remaining scenes are:  hero continues reconnecting with his brother, hero gets a tip from an old friend, we get a scene filling us in on what the bad guys have been up to lately, the good guys have a mass meeting to discuss the bad guys, the final confrontation with the bad guys, and then the epilogue) so I hope I can finish it within another week or so.  Preferably within the week, though.

    Because I had hoped to do another draft of Book 3 of my semi-YA series and maybe even get it released before I have to start on the game jam VN.  (Thankfully, the current draft is close enough to ready that it doesn't need a full-on new draft, just some piecemeal work.)


    On the other hand, I do feel like this new fandom I'm working in has pushed me in a few directions that might actually help my overall writing quality (esp. in terms of characterization), so that's a win?


    Ugh.

    This has been a terrible post.

    Sorry.

    Brain is fried, y'know?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the work that can never be published means the most and can motivate us to do other things. Just enjoy the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on all that you've accomplished. I get "Brain is fried!" Happy writing in February!

    ReplyDelete