Wednesday, June 1, 2022

IWSG - **coughing**

 


    It's hard to think of anything to say.  My allergies have been kicking the crap out of me for like two months now.

    I'm still managing to write--albeit more slowly than usual--and I actually came up with some good new material in the rewrite I'm working on.  A little leery of my next project because it's a bit out of my comfort zone in terms of setting, but I've been doing research (um...if streaming TV shows in that genre counts as research...) and my collaborator is familiar with the setting, so hopefully it'll turn out at least well enough for a rough draft that they can then hand off to someone else who'll do a better job on a second draft. 😓

    It seems to be something of a passion project for them, so I'm afraid of doing a crappy job and letting them down, you know?  And I don't exactly have confidence in anything I write, even when I'm in my "home turf" in terms of setting, so....yeah, it's nerve-wracking.  At best.  But I don't want to let them down; they seem to have a lot of people flake on them, and I'd rather not be one of those people, though I guess at the moment I kind of seem like I'm being one, since my rewrite has taken a lot longer than I was expecting it to!  (But at this point I've added most of the new material it needed, and there's only 12k left of the original to rework, so the end is definitely in sight!)

    So...that's pretty much where I am, for whatever it's worth.

1 comment:

  1. You won't flake! Sorry about the allergies. I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete