Sunday, November 7, 2021

NaNo Rebel 2021, Days 6 and 7

     So...stuff happened, and I didn't post yesterday.  But I did write yesterday, having gone from the previous day's total of 19,894 to 23,870, making for a daily total of 3,976.

    Today I got even further, up to 29,991 words, making today's total 6,121.  I also finished with what was Chapter Three in the original 2014 draft, which ran for 5,368 words in this draft, and 4,430 words in the old draft...so that was a crazy short chapter!  Obviously, I'll be changing around where the chapters end in whatever draft becomes the final one.

    I may be getting a lot of writing done over the next few days, because I slipped night before last and in catching myself to keep myself from falling, I ended up wrenching both my wrists, which makes it actually painful to hold a Playstation controller (hmm, note to self:  check how the Switch controller is), but writing is okay, so I'll likely be doing more writing until my wrists heal, at least until this coming Friday, when Shin Megami Tensei V comes out, because I am a serious MegaTen fan, and will likely be diving right in even if it does hurt my wrists to do so.  (But I'm hoping they'll recover by then!)  But now I can't try to finish up Persona 5 Strikers before that comes out, because I'd rather let my wrists rest to be prepared for the more game that's more imporant to me.

    Uh...that's not actually relevant here, though.  *cough*  I was just supposed to be talking about my NaNo project...

    I've gotten into the first leg of the text that's been massively modified thanks to actually knowing what the terrain looks like, so that's cool.

    I may have some trouble in one of the later sequences, though, because thanks to Google Earth I now know that Thessaly is like the one flat part of Greece, which makes the battle sequence in a narrow pass between mountains a little, uh, less plausible. To say the least.  (I mean, it's not totally without a real location it could be set in.  There are some big hills in the southern part of Thessaly that they do need to go past to reach Phthia, and there are valleys between them, but it's like any real army would just march around the hills and go through the massive flat areas to the east and west of them, so it's sort of...argh.  Yes, "argh" is definitely what it is.  *sigh* )

No comments:

Post a Comment