Thursday, November 11, 2021

NaNo Rebel 2021, Day 11

     Today's been pretty quiet.  In part because I hurt my ankle with all that walking around yesterday, so today I've been trying to keep off it as much as possible. 😓  (Ooh, didn't know I could do emojis on here! 😀)

    I didn't get as much done as I'd have liked to, in terms of writing, but I guess I did all right.

    Yesterday's total word count was 46,893.

    Today's total word count was 52, 978.

    That means today's words written were 6,085.  So...yeah, that was actually pretty good after all.  (It's hard to tell before I look at the numbers, because I'm working in terms of scenes, and I only got through two of them.)

    Today's writing also finished off what had been Chapter Six in the original draft of the novel, and it runs 9,270 words in the new draft, and was 8,426 words in the previous draft.

    Not sure if that's good or bad, in the long run, that I'm consistently adding that much to the text as I go.  But the thing is that it's necessary additions:  clearing up things that are unclear, adding some descriptions to long passages that have desperate need of them, and of course fixing places that the old version didn't match the actual terrain of Thessaly.  That was the biggest addition to Chapter Six, for sure; the sequence where they're planning their battle needed a huge additional explanation of why they're going to be having a pitched battle inside one of the passes between one of the few not-flat areas in the entire region.

    In other news, after looking over several alternate spots I could post these novels, I've decided to go ahead and put them on pages here on the blog, because I just do not want to deal with making a new account somewhere, wrestling with formatting, and then dealing with the site's pre-existing audience that has expectations and/or desires not in line with my book.  (Which, at best, would merely get me ignored, and at worst might get me mocked, my work verbally torn to shreds, etc.  Better to just stay here where I can feel safe in the knowledge that the internet as a whole will simply flow on past me without noticing I exist, as per usual.)

No comments:

Post a Comment