Wednesday, November 10, 2021

NaNo Rebel 2021, Day 10

     Whew, am I exhausted!

    Not for any writing reason, though:  it was a nice day today, so after finishing my writing for the day, I went out to a local antique mall that's in a building that used to be a pretty large supermarket and I walked through every single section (some of them twice, in fact), so I was on my feet for like two, maybe even two and a half hours.  (I probably still have mask marks on my face even now, more than an hour later...)  At least I got my exercise!  :D

    As to writing, I didn't do that much today, but I actually did a lot more last night after posting my progress to the blog. :P

    See, I went to take a bath yesterday afternoon, and as happens surprisingly often, I had a flash of inspiration while I was in there, basically composing a piece inside my head in the latter half of the bath.  As always, it wasn't as good when I typed it out as it had been in my head (someone needs to make a thought-recorder, dangit!), but I'm still pretty pleased with it, and it's way better than what it's going to be replacing.

    Of course, what it's replacing is the prologue to book 4 in a series, and my current NaNo project is the rewrite of book 2, but...hey, a win is a win, and finally having a good prologue to that book is a major win.  (Probably also means that I need to start taking more baths than showers...)

    Anyway, after I wrote that, then I also went ahead and did some more rewriting on the actual project.  So, when I posted yesterday, the day's word count was 4,736, but then I wrote 1,908 words of prologue for book 4, plus another 3,313 words on book 2, making a total for yesterday of 9,957!  (Wow, that's probably in my top ten days ever...)  That last bit on book 2 finished the rewrite of what had been Chapter Five in the original 2014 version, which ran 8,027 words in the new version, and had been 7,498 in the previous draft.

    So, anyhow, that means yesterday's total word count ended up at 43,697.

    Today's total word count was 46,893.

    So today's words written was 3,196.  Which is not a big day, but...eh.  It's okay.

    I need to write a heck of a lot tomorrow, though, 'cause Friday is when Shin Megami Tensei V comes out, and my productivity is likely to take a nosedive once I've got my greedy little hands on that. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment