Thursday, October 1, 2026

Reading Record 35

 So, last night I finished rereading volume two of The Apothecary Diaries light novels by Natsu Hyuuga.

Funny thing happened the day before that:  I was reading it at the dentist's office, and I had just gotten to one of the (many) scenes where Jinshi is being jealous (in this case because Maomao dared to speak to a man who wasn't him) while the music in the office was playing the song "Every Breath You Take."  It was hard to keep from laughing aloud. How had I never noticed before that that song could practically be Jinshi's theme song?  (And that being the case, is it any wonder that I don't want to read the novels past where I stopped?  I don't want to see Maomao actually forced to let him act on his obsessive, possessive and frankly childish feelings for her.)

Anyway, I will be taking a few days off before I start rereading book three.  That's the one with the "moon fairy" sequence, and I had a figure of Maomao in that costume in my Pile of Loot at Big Bad Toy Store, so as soon as I thought of that, I had them ship my stuff, and I want to wait a bit so it will be here by the time I get to that sequence.  😅

So I'll keep plugging away at reading through that CRPG ebook for a while.


Original language:  Japanese

No comments:

Post a Comment