In case you're wondering, the post title is not a leading-up-to-Halloween thing.
Nor is it specifically in reference to this post.
It's more summing up my life at the moment. 😭
First, a sprained wrist has left me barely able to use a computer (or my phone) for weeks.
Then I had a dentist appointment, only to find that the crown that fell off couldn't be simply cemented back in place, because of further decay beneath it, and the tooth would have to be pulled.
The surgery was for one week later, exactly.
The day after the dentist's appointment, I had a sore throat.
By the next day, my nose was stuffed up.
By the day after that, it was a full-on sinus infection, complete with my horrible asthmatic cough, which sounds like a cross between a barking seal and those cries the velociraptors use to communicate with each other in Jurassic Park.
Somehow, I was just barely recovered enough for the tooth to be extracted on schedule...but...
Hrm.
Okay, actually, I don't think it would be fair to potential male readers to mention what started this morning (er, yesterday morning, since I'm writing this the night before), because I know how squeamish most men are on the subject.
Suffice it to say that at my age, it shouldn't even happen, and leave it at that.
So, yeah, that's been my life this month.
I thought "cursed" sums it up pretty well.
I mean, not that I haven't done any writing at all, but given the wrist brace I have to wear makes typing crazy difficult, there hasn't been much. Mostly just some rewriting on book four of the Atalanta and Ariadne series.
So...yeah.
That's pretty much all I can say right now, I fear.
I am too much of a mess for more.

No comments:
Post a Comment