Sunday, August 18, 2024

Notes on my rewatch of The Untamed, part 48

     Weirdly, I got through the whole episode without feeling the need to take notes.

    About the only thing of importance for my fic that came up in the episode was when Wei Wuxian basically accused Jin Guangyao of having freed Xue Yang when he was being held prisoner at the Unclean Realm, which was answered in a very non-committal way.  But as Wei Wuxian didn't expressly say "you set him free" just "you started working with him back then," the reply--which was translated as "Kind of."--is less than helpful to me, and I am still left saying "so is he the one who set him free or isn't he?"

    I guess since I'm trying to revert him to the nuanced version from the book, who didn't turn evil until after the war was over, I should either go with "no, he didn't," or "yes, he did, but on the expectation that Xue Yang would go to Wen Chao and thus stop the attack."

    Probably the latter because that's a decision that makes sense in the moment.  Only then Xue Yang distracted him with suggesting the perfect way to get rid of his tormentor, and he listened, and...yeah, that could work.

No comments:

Post a Comment