Sunday, February 25, 2024

Should I be worried?

     I ask, of course, because I am a bit worried, regardless of whether I actually need to be.

    See, I tend to check the stats tab on my blog, because why wouldn't I?  I mean, what else is it there for but for me to check it, right?  And today I found this:


    It's like...why was someone from Google's corporate administration accessing my blog?  I tried following the link, and it was some kind of official-looking sign-in page.

    I mean...maybe it's just a routine thing, that the company periodically checks on what's being posted on people's blogs, to make sure it's not anything they could get in trouble for hosting?  But it's still creeping me out.

    I guess they would have sent me some kind of warning email if I'd done something wrong, but it's still just sort of creepy feeling. 😭  Like, now I'm worried my blog will be suddenly disabled or something, even though I haven't done anything wrong.  (Unless posting fanfic is against the rules, but that seems highly unlikely, since it's my own fanfic. I mean, sure, posting fanfic someone else wrote, yeah, that would be bad, but...)

No comments:

Post a Comment