Sunday, November 14, 2021

NaNo Rebel 2021, Day 14

     I'm not progressing as fast as I'd like.  Or rather, I didn't progress as fast as I would have liked before the game came out, and now that it is out, my progress is even slower.  :(  On the other hand, I'm enjoying the game so far (and something happened last night that makes me think it's a direct sequel to one of the endings of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, which is super-amazing!)

    Aaaaaaaanyway, yesterday's total word count was 59,201.

    Today's total word count is 62,006.

    So, today I wrote 2,805 words, plus a few more 'cause I jotted down some story ideas for my next game as well, but I didn't count those.

    Oh, also today's scene completed what was Chapter 7 in the original 2014 version of this novel.  The new draft of this chapter ran for 9,017 words, and the previous draft of this chapter was 8,186 words.  It would be interesting to pick a chapter and see how its length changed over all the successive drafts!  (Might explain why that one chapter is less than half the length of all the others.  Maybe the others have been inflated over the drafts, and that one short one never was?)

No comments:

Post a Comment